In an exclusive half-day session taking place on 21 March, visitors of SOLAR PAKISTAN can look beyond Pakistan into neighboring market Afghanistan and get insight into the regional potential of solar energy.
Accelerating Solar Energy in Afghanistan – Essentials to Grow a Leading & Sustainable Renewable Energy Sector
|Conference Opening and Welcome Remarks
SPEAKER: Saleem Khan Tanoli, CEO, FAKT Exhibitions Pvt Ltd
|10:15am-10:45am||Keynote | Assessing the Viability of Solar Energy in Afghanistan: Short-term Benefits and Future Energy Scenarios
SPEAKER: Amin Sukhera, CEO SkyElectric Pvt. Ltd
· A review of the electricity market, renewable energy market and related organizations
· Renewable energy targets in Afghanistan
· The role of Solar Energy in Afghanistan’s energy mix 2032
|10:45am-11:15am||Cutting-edge Solar Technologies for Afghanistan | Bifacial Module and PV Project Solution in Afghanistan
SPEAKER: Jia Chao, Electrical Engineer and Sales Director, LONGi Solar
· Tailor-made solar systems for special geographical conditions
· Special solar projects implemented in the region
· Infrastructural basic conditions and concrete steps to modernization
|11:15am-11:45am||Cutting-edge Solar Technologies for Afghanistan | The Mounting System is the Insurance of the PV System
SPEAKER: Karl-Heinz Tönges, Head of Strategic Projects & Markets, S:FLEX GmbH
· PPA`s and other business models … what is important for the customer?
· The assembly system of a PV system preserves the value of the building!
· Choosing the right mounting system … more important than choosing the PV module?
· The whole is more than the sum of its parts … Experience is the key
|11:45am- 12:15pm||Prospects for Investors | Successful Realization of Solar Projects
SPEAKER: Najib Rahman Sabory, Head, Afghanistan Renewable Energy Union (AREU)
· Concrete opportunities and legal challenges for local and foreign companies
· Guidelines on how to finance and structure solar energy projects
· Recent best-practice examples